Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry potter

 The new harry potter movie is out. And I have been avoiding it like crazy. I saw a trailer of the new movie and ever since then I wished I hadn't seen it. For years now I have been battling the disappointment that comes over me whenever I see a Potter movie. The movies do no justice to the books. Infact I almost never see movie adaptations of books. I have never liked any movie based on a book I have read. And Harry potter tops the list.

The latest nail on the coffin is in the latest movie Voldemort has a face and screen space! His face is all over the trailers! Just as I was getting tired of Daniel Radcliff's face on cups, plates, pens, caps etc, now it will be Voldemort's turn I suppose for all halloween's to come until eternity. And sadly he who must not be named looks neither sinister or menacing but only horribly malnourished.

The bright lining on the cloud of that, like how I forget the Mahabharatha and every other book I have read every couple of years and have to refresh my memory again I am waiting for his face to fade away from my memory so that I can start reading the series again. But what of those children ,those unbearably unlucky children who saw the movies before reading the books? They will never be able to imagine on a grander scale than the movie.

I hope and pray that children are given the Harry Potter books as gifts and not the Harry Potter DVD collection. The only argument for the dvd collection is that no child would ever be able to hold the entire bulky hardback potter series in his/her hand. (The final volume alone is likely to tip them over.) However the counter arguments are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment